These are a few of the many pictures taken from the storm (hurricane Ike). None of the pictures are in any sort of order, sorry. Things around here have been NUTS since the storm. Brookshire Brothers (the grocery store)... (that I happen to work at) has been crazy with lot's of people from all over east Texas buying the necessities (sp?) of life (you know, things like chips, bread, and soda water). Anyway, I will add more of the pictures from the storm later when I have more time. Right now it's 10:38 and past my bedtime. I'm tired.

A power pole next to our house that decided to lean on one of the surrounding trees. It was tired of standing up straight all the time.
Me and mom standing in front of one of our neighbors yards... the yard had became a small pond after Ike's visit.
We had a lot of trees fall down in roads. This is a sad attempt to take a picture of one of them.
Dad moving a branch off the road

Me and Isaac looking at the incredibly fast moving clouds just hours before the storm hit.
Dad and Mom just hours before the storm hit
Aaron... (again)... just hours before the storm hit
The top of one of our trees after the storm.
Some flooding in the neighborhood left by Ike. Thanks Ike.
Aaron took this picture of one of the trees that had fallen in our neighbors yard. It was hollow all the way through and we thought it was pretty cool.
2 comments:
i am glad that you are all okay and no major problems. I like the picture of mom and dad before the storm. I hope the clean up goes fast and well.
The hollow tree is interesting. I'd imagine that it was somethings home before the storm. I agree with you, the tape on the windows adds a nice touch. Hey, dad where is our tape? I saw this great new design...
Post a Comment